MDS is a dry powdered admixture, packaged in a ready-to-use water soluble bag. It is designed for stabilizing residual concrete wash water or extending the setting time of concrete while improving concrete quality. Wash water or concrete, treated with the MDS, will be stabilized and may be reused after extended time periods.
- One bag typically retards the set of one 0.75M3 of concrete for one hour / Concrete may be kept in a plastic state for reuse or extended delivery times.
- Saves labor, equipment and freight costs by eliminating disposal of waste concrete / No need for expensive reclaimer/recycler units and their high maintenance costs.
- Reduces labor costs required for chipping set concrete out of mixer drums when used after each load / Reduces the amount of water required for wash down.
- Decreases environmental problems due to the disposal of waste concrete and residual concrete wash water / No need for admixture dispensers.
- Stabilization and reuse of residual concrete wash water:
- Use in concrete pumps: during concrete pumping operations there are often interruptions in the concrete supply. MDS can be added to the concrete in the pump hopper to allow pumps to wait.
- For use in stamped concrete
- For use in dry-batch plants
- Low slump/slipformed/slowly discharged concrete
- No discharge at the job-site allowed