What is MasterKure 250?
Water-based hydrocarbon resin curing compound used for newly placed concrete forms a flexible film preventing concrete from drying out in early-stage hydration.
How does MasterKure 250 work?
MasterKure 250 is a water dispersed hydrocarbon resin-based curing compound for newly placed concrete. MasterKure 250 meets the water retention requirements of AS3799-1998 when applied at the recommended application rate. It has been formulated from special aliphatic resins and being water dispersed is of low toxicity.
- Large areas of external and internal concrete paving
- Concrete road pavements
Subsequent renders, toppings, or coatings can be applied once sufficient time has elapsed to achieve full degradation of the MasterKure 250. Alternatively, if insufficient time has elapsed to achieve full degradation, renders, toppings or coatings can be applied once the MasterKure 250 has been mechanically removed.
What makes MasterKure 250 a unique solution?
It forms a flexible film that prevents concrete from drying out during the critical early stages of hydration thus ensuring satisfactory curing of the concrete.
What are the benefits of MasterKure 250?
- Water-based – low toxicity to operatives and no harmful effects on the environment
- Efficient curing of concrete – assists the development of strength, abrasion resistance, and durability and reduces the likelihood of cracking or dusting at the surface
- Easy to use – convenient means of curing which requires no further attention, eliminates the problems of messy water curing or awkward polyethylene film
- Leaves surface as plain concrete – designed to begin degrading after 7 days of exposure to UV light and lose adhesion to the concrete after 6-8 weeks of exposure to UV light
- Visible on-site QA – can have a fugitive dye added to assist in achieving uniform coverage
- Simple removal – can be water jetted off after degradation, if required