What is MasterProtect 8000CI?
MasterProtect 8000CI is a low-viscosity clear liquid that is formulated with penetrative silane treatments for the control of moisture ingress and corrosion inhibition.
How does MasterProtect 8000CI work?
MasterProtect 8000CI is a single component, ready to use, low viscosity, clear liquid which combines the proven effectiveness of penetrative silane treatments for the control of moisture and chloride ion ingress with advanced organofunctional corrosion inhibition.
MasterProtect 8000CI is particularly suited for the protection of:
- Bridge decks, piers columns, and beams
- Multi-story carparks, building facades, and balconies
- Marine jetties and structures
MasterProtect 8000CI is used as part of an overall repair strategy using MasterEmaco repair systems to mitigate corrosion of the embedded reinforcing steel and significantly reduce the possibility of the ring or incipient anode-induced corrosion of the reinforcing steel.
MasterProtect 8000CI can be used as a cost-effective preventative measure before the onset of corrosion-induced problems occur.
What are the unique features of MasterProtect 8000 CI?
MasterProtect 8000 CI dramatically reduces chloride and carbonation-induced corrosion of concrete steel reinforcement.
What are the benefits of MasterProtect 8000 CI?
- Prevents ingress of waterborne contaminants – dramatically reduces chloride and carbonation induced corrosion of steel reinforcement
- Reinstating the passive layer on the outer layers of the reinforcing steel – increases the resistance of steel to attack by chlorides already present in the structure. Works at the molecular level to effectively inhibit macrocell (rebar to rebar) and microcell (on the same rebar) corrosion
- Proven long-term effectiveness – global references in service for more than 15 years.
- Equally effective in high humidity conditions
- Chemically bonds to steel, cement paste and other siliceous material – will not wash or leach out during wetting/drying cycles, ensuring extended active life
- Does not discolour or change the appearance of concrete – suitable for use on architectural concrete
- Breathable – allows vapour to leave structure but prevents ingress of liquid water