COLORTEC Rapid “CR” is a solvent-free and water-repellent, immediate-protective coating, which has been specially developed for the application onto concrete immediately after it has been removed (de-moulded/stripped) from the mould.
CR is an advanced new development, as up to now the application of protective coatings on the concrete immediately after de-moulding was only possible with products that create a shiny surface.
CR is the first product that does not create a shiny effect when used for this application and does not alter the naturalness in the colour effects of the concrete surface.
CR is therefore very quick, safe, and easy to use and is especially suitable for architectural concrete and similar high-quality concrete.
CR is breathable and is not a sealant. CR can, of course, also be applied on hardened concrete.
Fields of Application
The application immediately after removal (de-moulding/stripping) from the mould as water-repellent protection for smooth resp. structured concrete. CR should be applied onto panels made of ready-mixed concrete at the construction site or precast concrete, glass fibre reinforced concrete, roofing tiles etc. For example, coloured precast concrete panels or other architectural concrete, sound barrier walls and similar concrete surfaces. CR protects against normal pollution/dirt, efflorescence, freezing damage, weathering, fading of the colour etc and is suitable for application inside and outside.
Advantages in Application:
- Enables a new dimension in the surface protection of concrete. With the application of CR, it is possible to protect the surfaces immediately during the production process with a high-quality protective coating, without having to keep to the long drying times for the concrete.
- CR has been specially developed for the application on freshly de-moulded concrete by the production of smooth fair-faced concrete walls made of precast concrete elements or of in situ concrete).
- Can be sprayed directly onto these freshly cast surfaces.
- CR is invisible, therefore the application is very safe and easy because if the product is not applied evenly, this does not directly lead to differences in the colour of the surface.
- Extra costs due to additional work-sequences due to the keeping of concrete drying times can now be avoided completely so that the application of this protective coating is technically possible even in precast concrete factories or construction sites with busy production deadlines.
- CR protects effectively against primary and secondary efflorescence, normal pollution/dirt, weathering of the surface resp. fading of the colour by coloured concrete.
- High UV resistance, good breathability and therefore also the associated high durability, as well as the environmentally friendly, safe application.