The primary advantage of this type of concrete spacer is that they have a high load capacity and are corrosion resistant. These concrete spacers provide support for only for reinforcement bars and they always ensure that the correct cover is achieved.
Why are Concrete Spacers popular?
Concrete spacers and bar supports are made of the same material as the poured concrete, so thermal expansion and contraction are equal. And because they are the same material, the concrete and spacers will bond. No gaps!
Concrete spacers and bar supports help maintain the material integrity and uniformity of the concrete and provide a cover over the reinforcement that protects against corrosion.
Compliance Standards of Actech’s Concrete Spacer:
CONAC Ausfix Bone Concrete Spacers comply with the AS:NZS 2425:2015 Standard with a 300kg rating.
The spacers fulfill the requirements of all exposure classes. Our concrete mix is tested by a NATA laboratory on a regular basis to check for:
• Chloride Permeability (RCPT); and
• Volume of Permeable Voids (VPV)
As such, CONAC Ausfix Bone Concrete Spacers comply with all required state government road and bridge requirements across Australia. Certificates of compliance of the concrete mix and product are available on request.
- High load capacity concrete (complies with the AS:NZS 2425:2015 Standard with a 300 kg Rating)
- Available with standard tie wire for all covers
- Ideal for concrete elements in roads, bridges and other infrastructure
- Cement-bound spacers, no heat/cold deformation
- Absolute guarantee of consistent concrete cover
- Various attachment options for quick and easy use
- Homogeneous bond resulting in no hairline cracks between spacer and concrete
- Fire-resistant according to the maximum requirements of DIN 4102 – Class A1 (non-flammable)
- Flat reduced contact surface
- Star shape
- 65 MPA
- Simple cost-saving mounting due to twin plastic clips (saves at least 50% of the installation cost)
- Suitable for exposed concrete applications