Releases any kind of form or formliner (except expanded polystyrene) from hardened concrete.
- Forms and formliners strip easily and cleanly, also helps eliminate bug holes and stains.
- It is easy to use and gives reliable results with no dust left on the mould.
- It is the lowest viscosity release agent available
- Eliminates bugholes – even with super plasticized concrete.
- Promotes easy stripping, especially when applied in an ultra thin-film Can be used at 50 to 60 M2 / Litre.
- Promotes easy clean-up of forms.
- Is non-staining.
- Will not transfer to the concrete surface – adhesion of caulks, paints, or coatings is not affected.
- Does not effloresce
- Does not “kill” concrete surfaces.
- Does not wash off in moderate rain
- It is biodegradable, nonpoisonous, and contains no carcinogens.
Fields of Application
- Precast Beams.
- Precast Panels with class 1 finish and /or fine detail requirements including formliners.
- Insitu Formwork.
- Pavers and products made in fibreglass moulds.
Crete Lease 880 works best when applied thinly and evenly. The less you use the better the finish. We recommend using a fan tip with a low flow, such as 800015, 800067 tips. It can be applied using a manual sprayer like a Chapin 1949 or a compressed tank sprayer like the ACTECH Fatboy range. It is recommended that a filter be used in the line.
Because Crete Lease 880 is a reactive release agent, any excess in the edges or vertices should be mopped up – wait 30 minutes after initial spraying to check for this excess.
Works in either 5 minutes or up to 3 weeks after being put onto the mould. Please note that after heavy rain re-application is required.