The FRP rebar has a high ultimate load and due to its profile it offers a maximum bondage with the concrete. The benefits compared to steel can be summarized as following:
- High corrosion resistance
- Due to its high corrosion resistance FRP reinforcement bars are well suited in architecturally demanded slim walls, such as cladding - min. 3mm concrete cover can be applied.
- Low thermal conductivity - beneficial for insulation
- Threaded surface - excellent bonding with concrete
- High tensile strength
- Its high tensile strength makes it possible to achieve strength requirements with reinforcement bars of smaller diameter.
- Low weight - ¼ of steel
- Permanent application
- Easy handling
|Specific weight (kg/dm³)||2.2||7.8|
|Tensile strength (N/mm²)||1,000||600|
|Ultimate strain (%)||2.5 - 3.5||> 10|
|Diameter (mm)||6 - 8 - 10 ...36 - 40|